|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
BibliMed is an alternative interface to PubMed for searching the MEDLINE database, and the interface is created by a French Society of the same name. BibliMed includes both a simple search option that is accessible without registration and an advanced search option (BibliMed+) that's available for free with registration. BibliMed+ includes the additional features of:
- History and export options
- Clinical filters
- Advanced search options (therapeutic use, drug effects, methods, etc)
After completing a free registration for BibliMed, users can enter their email and password to log in to the full version of the system. Enter a simple keyword term (within a field selected via drop-down menu - text, title, date, author, journal, issue, volume, page, or keyword), or select from "MeSH term, substance, and journal suggestions" that appears via auto-completion. This auto-complete feature only appears to function when the Text, Journal, or Keyword fields are selected.
After entering an initial query, the user can filter search results by:
- Adding additional keywords or MeSH terms to the query (queries or favorite search terms may also be saved).
- Select from a list of relevant qualifiers and related MeSH terms (sorted by relevance or alphabetical order) to add or exclude from the query (or search for the term in other databases, such as Wikipedia). Mouse over each term to display a small menu of icons.
- Filter by publication type, subject, systematic review filters, clinical filters, and medical genetics filters, and select record type (all articles, all indexed, abstract, full text, free text).
Search results are automatically filtered as the user selects new terms or filters to add to the query. Results are listed 50 per page and include a red tag indicating the type of record (i.e. no abstract, abstract, free full text, etc), the title, and basic citation information. Select the red tag or title to view a window displaying the full record for the result (such as links where the free full text is available, publication type, MeSH terms (which each display a small menu of icons when moused over), abstract, etc).
For each search result, users can select from a small menu of icons to:
- Find similar articles
- Export the citation to Mendeley.
- Export the record in text or Medline format.
- Save the notice to BibliMed.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "FAQ." BibliMed website, http://biblimed.fr/. Accessed June 25, 2012.