Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA) merged with ProQuest in 2007, and the company produces the CSA Illumina online platform. THe CSA Illumina platform can access over 100 databases published by CSA and its publishing partners. A full list of databases accessible through the CSA Illumina online platform is available on the CSA website, and the databases fall under the following subject areas:
- Arts & Humanities (CSA Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts, BHI: British Humanities Index, International Bibliography of Art, etc).
- Natural Sciences (AGRICOLA, MEDLINE, NTIS, etc).
- Social Sciences (IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, Scopus Business and Economics, CSA Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, etc).
- Technology (CSA / ASCE Civil Engineering Abstracts, Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts, ProQuest Deep Indexing: Engineering, etc).
Features of the CSA Illumina platform include:
- Optional inter-disciplinary presentation of resources.
- Quick Search, Advanced Search, and Combined Search options.
- De-duplication of records and show/hide duplicates option.
- Hyper-linked descriptor terms.
- QuikBib bibliography creator.
- Multi-language options.
- ↑ "Company Profile." CSA website, http://www.csa.com/aboutcsa/company.php. Accessed September 23, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "CSA Illumina Log-In." CSA website, http://www.csa.com/csaillumina/login.php. Accessed September 23, 2011.
- ↑ "Databases & Collections." CSA website, http://www.csa.com/e_products/databases-collections.php?SID=gqtsoc0v9b2uonr42v3jkl3og3. Accessed September 23, 2011.