|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
ChemicalBook is a free search site for chemical products, where users can search for chemicals by CAS number or chemical name. The site interface is available in English, German, Japanese or Chinese. A form at the top of the page provides a keyword search option, where users can search by chemical name or CAS number. The "Products" option above the search form allows users to search for specific chemicals, and two other options are also displayed:
- Buying Leads - View a list of "one week chemical buying information", where product names, requested quantities, company names, and contact information are listed. The user can add their own listing to this section.
- Chemical site - View a list of chemical companies, with descriptions and links to the company website. Users can add their own listing to this section.
From the ChemicalBook homepage, users can also choose to browse chemical listings through a variety of options:
- Browse by category - A list of chemical categories and chemicals related to that category (with links to the chemical records).
- CAS Index - A numerical index of CAS numbers.
- Chemical Name Index - An alphabetical index of chemical names.
- Company Website Index - An alphabetical index of company names.
Chemical record listings include:
- Basic Information (product name, synonyms, CAS number, molecular formula, molecular weight, EINECS number, product categories, and Mol File image)
- Chemical properties
- Safety information
- MSDS information (links to providers and languages)
- Usage and synthesis
- Preparation products And raw materials
- Suppliers list (company name, telephone number, and email)
Registered users can publish products. Users must pay to publish a certain number of products per year.
- ↑ "ChemicalBook." ChemicalBook website, http://www.chemicalbook.com/ProductIndex_EN.aspx. Accessed January 24, 2012.