E-Patentes Platform (Brazil)
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial (INPI) of Brazil provides a free online portal for patent searching, filing, and administration called the e-Patentes Platform. The portal is available in Portuguese, Spanish, or English, and users can change the interface language by selecting from the language options in the upper right corner of the portal. The service is divided into seven modules:
- Module 1 - Provision of documents and Statistics through the Web
- Module 2 - Electronic OnLine Filling
- Module 3 - Biological Sequence Listings
- Module 4 - International Patent Classification
- Module 5 - Collaboration among offices of Industrial Property
- Module 6 - Document Management
- Module 7 - Process Management
Module 1 - Provision of Documents and Statistics through the Web
According to the description on the e-Patentes homepage:
Module I is a subset of tools that are focused on providing Web documents that comprises a patent application. More specifically, the scope of this work involves three systems: e-Patentes/Parecer (e-Parecer), e-Patentes/Carta (e-Carta), and e-Patentes/Vista (e-Vista).
- e-Parecer - This system allows users to search for INPI "reports generated in accordance with Article 35 of Law 9.279/96, during the technical examination of patent applications. The reports are available as PDF files with electronic signature, as well, the cited prior art documents are also available." Users can search by journal number or application number.
- e-Carta - This system allows users to search for INPI "Patents or Certificates of Addition of Invention, which were granted in accordance with Article 38 of Law 9.279/96. The Patents or Certificates of Addition of Invention are available in PDF format with digital certification." Users can search by journal number or application number.
- e-Vista - This system allows users to search for INPI "information and public documents of patent dossiers. Currently, the system is in assisted operation period, which means that not all information and documents are available for access." This search interface resembles the European Patent Register. Users can access a quick search form (search by application number, application number before change in nature, or filing date) or an advanced search form (search by application number, application number before change in nature, filing date, applicant names, inventor names, agent name, or IPC code).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "e-Patentes Platform." INPI website, http://epatentes.inpi.gov.br/index.php?m=0&ms=0&chave=&lingua=3. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- ↑ "Access to Reports." INPI website, http://eparecer.inpi.gov.br/eparecer.php. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- ↑ "Access to Patents." INPI website, http://ecarta.inpi.gov.br/ecarta.php?lang=en. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- ↑ "About e-Patent / Vista - Patent Dossiers Viewer." INPI website, http://evista.inpi.gov.br/register/simpleSearch?lng=de. Accessed January 16, 2013.