|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The epoline website is the portal to EPO Online Services, a gateway to online services and information provided by the European Patent Office. The epoline portal allows users, after signing in via "Password access" or "Smart card access," to utilize the following services:
- Users can utilize the Online Filing software to file "EP, Euro-PCT and PCT applications," "submissions in opposition, appeal, limitation and revocation proceedings," and "subsequently filed documents for all EP proceedings" with the EPO. Users can also file "EP and PCT applications" and "national applications and other documents in national procedures" with participating national offices.
- The Online Fee Payment feature allows users to pay fees, as well as view transaction details and account statements. Transaction data can be downloaded in PDF or XML.
- The PatXML tool allows users to "draft your patent documents in Microsoft Word by creating a template with built-in EPC rules."
- Users can organize and view files under My Files.
- "The Mailbox service allows professional representatives to benefit from immediate and direct access to a defined list of communications from the EPO online."
An alternate version of this portal can be found on the main EPO website under "Applying for a Patent">>"Online Services." Sections on this version of the portal include:
- Online Filing
- Online fee payment
- Find a professional representative
- Oral proceedings calender
- Administration ("The Administration facility allows you to specify which members of your staff can access the online fee payment and mailbox services.")
- My files
- Security ("Security features are implemented using SSL, smart cards, and PKI technology.")
- ↑ "Online Services - the way to do IP." Epoline website, http://www.epoline.org/portal/public. Accessed May 10, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Online Services." EPO website, http://www.epo.org/applying/online-services.html. Accessed May 10, 2011.