|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The FILPAT database is a free search service provided by FILDATA srl, and the online database hosts bibliographic data of Italian utility models filed from January 1, 1990 up to March 31, 2011. The website states that "FILPAT is constantly updated with new applications and registrations."
New users must register as either a company user or individual, and the user will then be sent a user name and password that can be used to log on to the search service. Four search forms are available on a single page, and users can search by the following criteria through the English-language fielded forms:
- Number Search - Search by application number, priority number, or registration number.
- Date Search - Chamber of Commerce Search - Select a chamber of commerce from a drop-down menu and enter an application date or date range.
- Word Search (titles) - Enter keywords in one of three text boxes. Each text box will separate terms with a different Boolean operator (AND/OR/NOT). Truncation is automatically applied to a keyword. Users can limit results by selecting Chamber of Commerce or entering an application date/date range.
- Name Search - Search by applicant or inventor name (using Boolean operators AND/NOT). Users can limit results by selecting Chamber of Commerce or entering an application date/date range.
The hit list displays 20 results per page, and a maximum of 100 documents per search can be displayed. After conducting a search, the user will be presented with the number of search results and options to refine the search or download the results (view the hit list). The hit list displays the full record for each results, with 20 results per page. The record for each result includes basic bibliographic data, such as title, application/registration numbers, application/registration dates, Chamber of Commerce, address, classification code, and applicant/inventor names. The system will also automatically email the user the bibliographic records for hit list results (20 records per email).
1 Year Database
The 1 Year Database is another free search service offered by FILDATA, where users can search through Italian patent and design applications filed in 2009. Users can select to search for patents, designs, or both, and they can then search by applicant name and/or keywords that appear in the title of the record (in Italian).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Search." FILDATA website, http://www.fildata.it/ricerca_en.html. Accessed January 4, 2013.
- ↑ "Instructions." FILDATA website, http://www.fildata.it/ricerca_en.html. Accessed January 4, 2013.
- ↑ "FREE SEARCHES AMONG ITALIAN PATENT AND DESIGN MODEL APPLICATIONS." FILDATA website, http://www.fildata.it/servizi_en.html. Accessed January 4, 2013.