|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
GetthePatent.com is a subscription-based patent search and download site owned by Cartesian Products, Inc. that contains "complete patent images for all USPTO, EPO, and WIPO (PCT) patents, as well as the national publications of Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Japan, Spain, and Switzerland." The database also contains all bibliographic and full text information of US patents issued since 1976 and all published US applications. The database is updated weekly, and a full chart of the coverage available in the database is available on the "About" section of the website.
Users can register for the site to to receive:
Unlimited searching and text retrieval, plus free retrieval of up to 150 unique patent image documents per month. The image documents are distributed directly to you via either email or the web in the hyper-compressed CPC file format. Each patent document is delivered as a single file, containing all of the pages in the patent.
Users can pay a one-time usage fee and a flat fee per patent downloaded, or users can subscribe for a monthly fee (Starter, Professional, or Premium) to receive a number of free downloads per month. The search forms are accessible to non-registered users, who can search and view hit lists but can't view document records or receive downloads.
Users have six options for searching for patent documents:
- Search by Text - Search within the claims and descriptions of US patent documents. The keyword search form has the option to search by field (drop-down menu) and year (drop-down menu).
- Search by Field - Search within bibliographic fields of US patent documents. An individual form is available for each field, and users can limit the search by year.
- Search by Query - Use a command line interface to search for US patent documents. Available fields and operators are listed beneath the form.
- Search by Patent Number - Enter one or more patent numbers to retrieve both US and international patent documents. Patent documents are delivered via download, email, printer, web, folder, or file history order form.
- Quick Search - A keyword search form, where users can select whether they're searching for US patents, US patent applications, or international patent documents.
- Quick Fetch - Enter the patent document number and select delivery via web or email.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "About GetthePatent.com." GetthePatent.com website, http://www.getthepatent.com/About/. Accessed September 14, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Subscribing to GetthePatent.com." GetthePatent.com website, http://www.getthepatent.com/Subscribe/. Accessed September 14, 2011.