|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The IMS Patent Focus database is produced by IMS Health and covers over 115,000 pharmaceutical patent documents from 1982 to present. The STN information sheet on IMS Patent Focus indicates that over 239,000 records are available in the file (as of June 2011). The file is updated monthly and is available on Ovid, STN, and Dialog platforms. In Dialog, the IMS Patent Focus file is available in file 447 (publicly available) and file 947 (subscribers only). The file is updated monthly and covers the following information:
- Drug names (brand names)
- Therapeutic class codes
- CAS® Registry Numbers by record
- Estimated expiration date
- Priority details
- Originating country
- Specific country comments
- Extensions - Supplementary Protection Certificate (SPC) status, Japanese, and USA extensions
Other features of the file include:
- Over 32 fields to fully evaluate pharmaceutical patents
- Chemical structures available
- Flexibility to select by molecule, trade name, chemical name or CAS number
- Effect of GATT laws on patents
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "IMS Patent Focus." Ovid website, http://www.ovid.com/site/catalog/DataBase/1255.jsp. Accessed October 11, 2011.
- ↑ "IMSPATENTS (IMS LifeCycle Patent Focus)." CAS website, http://www.cas.org/ASSETS/FE003B5267D0426E9B6607B92864048D/imspatents.pdf (link no longer available). Accessed October 11, 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "IMS Patent Focus." Dialog Bluesheets, http://library.dialog.com/bluesheets/html/bl0447.html. Accessed October 11, 2011.