|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The National Institute of Intellectual Property (INAPI) is the website of the intellectual property office of Chile. The website and all search forms are in Spanish, so users can utilize Google Translate to translate the website into their chosen language. All quotes from this website are translated from Spanish to English. On the homepage of the portal, users can find a list of links ("Shortcuts") which directly access a number of IP-related publications and databases:
- Publications - Users can download reports, manuals, guides, newsletters, and bulletins in PDF format.
- Cooperation - News on recent cooperation programs and agreements between INAPI and other national IP offices.
- Columns - Announcements and articles from leaders within INAPI.
- Trademark Processing Procedure - A description and charts of the process for registering and obtaining a trademark or geographical indicator (GI) in Chile.
- Patent Processing Procedure - A description, charts, and a list of major milestones for the process of registering and obtaining a patent in Chile.
- Advanced Query Patents - A search form to locate Chilean patent documents by patent number, title, inventor, assignee, priority country, priority number, publication date, or priority date. The search returns a hit list of results (number, IPC classification, and title). Users also can download some drawings in JPEG format directly from the hit list. Full records include basic bibliographic information (application type, IPC classification, title, assignee, inventor, etc).
- Online Classifier of Products and Services - Users can keyword search through the Nice Classification (9th edition).
- Glossary of Terms - Definitions for a list of IP-related terms.
Besides these shortcuts to important pages accessible directly through the homepage, users can also use the horizontal menu to navigate through the different sections of the website. Each section has its own list of shortcuts:
- About INAPI - Structure, history, and goals of INAPI.
- Industrial Property - International treaties, statistics, links to online resources, and information on the Industrial Property Tribunal.
- Brands - Overviews and FAQs on trademarks and GIs, information on the process of registration and cost, search of classification system (Nice), links to check application status online, daily notices and legal notices on trademarks, link to the online version of the Official Gazette, and recent resolutions of INAPI (Annotations, Resolutions/Claims, and Renewals).
- Patents - Overview of patents and application process, online submission and status check, processing cost, classification search (IPC), daily notifications and entries in the Official Gazette for patents, guides and manuals, and a catalog of patents in the public domain.
- Legislation - National (Chile) and international laws and treaties related to intellectual property.
- Online Services - Online submission portal, a database for locating trademarks and patents (advanced and simple search forms available for both patents and trademarks), search of Nice classification (accessible through homepage shortcuts), and option to download a new form for trademark registration.