|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
IPScore is patent evaluation software designed and released by the European Patent Office (EPO).
The following information has been copied from the EPO's information page about the product. In addition, a link to a 30 minute training presentation about the product is available from the EPO via this link.
The EPO has purchased IPscore from the Danish Patent Office who developed it in close co-operation with industry.
- a Microsoft Access-based tool for the evaluation and management of patents
- a catalyst for dialogue about patents within a company
- a guide for identifying potential gains and opportunities for saving costs
IPscore can be used to evaluate
- individual patents
- patented technologies
- R&D projects, even if no patent yet exists
- ideas and project proposals
IPscore consists of
- 40 assessment factors
- predefined scales that guide the responses
- a quick estimate of a patent's monetary value (net present value)
- reports on a single patent or a whole patent portfolio
- a database providing documentation and evaluation updates