SAP BusinessObjects Text Analysis
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
SAP BusinessObjects Text Analysis is text analysis software distributed by SAP that was originally created by Inxight Software. Inxight Software was a privately held text analytics company that produced software with the following capabilities:
Inxight software allows customers to access, cluster and be alerted to relevant information contained in the open Web, deep Web (patent databases, SEC filings), subscription and internal sources. Its understanding of all major languages, including English, Arabic, German, French, Farsi, Spanish and Simplified Chinese, powers the ability to automatically identify and tag named entities in a document, such as people, companies, places, weapons, addresses and dates. It also identifies events—such as M&A and travel activities—as well as relationships between entities.
Business Objects, a provider of business intelligence software, acquired Inxight Software in July 2007. Business Objects was later acquired by SAP AG, a producer of business software, in October 2007. SAP currently distributes the text analysis software.
According to the SAP website, features of the SAP BusinessObjects Text Analysis software include:
- The ability to analyze all major file formats in more than 30 languages.
- Text parsing and identification - Extract, categorize, and summarize free-form text sources to identify concepts, sentiments, people, organizations, places, and other information.
- Supports 35+ out-of-the-box entities, relations, and events to extract previously hidden information.
- A workbench to customize extraction of entities, relations, and events, and to create taxonomies for categorization.
- Extract and analyze the most relevant sentences to create a summary of any document or set of documents.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Smallwood, Robert. "Business Objects gains Inxight." KMWord. July 12, 2007. http://www.kmworld.com/Articles/News/News-Analysis/Business-Objects-gains-Inxight--36890.aspx. Accessed September 13, 2011.
- ↑ "SAP to buy Business Objects for $6.8B." Business Week website screenshot through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, http://web.archive.org/web/20071012175940/http://businessweek.com/ap_working/financialnews/D8S4K2580.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_top+story. Accessed September 13, 2011.
- ↑ "SAP BUSINESSOBJECTS TEXT ANALYSIS." SAP website, http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/large/eim/textanalysis/index.epx. Accessed September 13, 2011.