|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Info.Apps.gov, created by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), is a website containing information on Cloud Computing, the Federal Cloud Computing Initiative (FCCI), and Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP). According to the website, NIST defines cloud computing as "a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction."
The homepage of the website contains:
- Links to upcoming events
- Quick-reference documents
- Links to descriptions of "What is Cloud Computing," "When Cloud Computing Makes Sense," and "What are the Services?"
- A news feed of recent government news on cloud computing
Besides the home-page, the site contains seven sections, accessible via a drop-down menu at the top of each page on the website:
- About FCCI - An overview of the committees within the FCCI and missions/goals of each committee. A link to the FCCI blog is also under this section.
- FedRAMP - An overview of FedRAMP, reference documents related to the initiative, and a section with contact information for press inquiries on the project.
- Getting Started - Also accessible from the homepage, an overview of "What is the Cloud," "What are the Services," "What are the Deployment Models," and "When to Use the Cloud."
- Apps.gov Offerings - Descriptions of services offered by Apps.gov, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and social media.
- Resources - Links, information, and downloadable documents related to cloud computing, including Case Studies (federal, state, and local), a Document Library (Public Speaking Presentations, Security Documents, FCCI PMO Documents, General Cloud Documents, and Cloud Computing Quicksheets), and Cloud Resources (links to government pages, cloud/technology resource groups, and other resources).
- Cloud Calender - A calender of events related to cloud computing
- Contact FCCI - A contact form to communicate with the FCCI.
- ↑ "Cloud Computing Defined." Info.Apps.gov website, http://info.apps.gov/content/what-cloud. Accessed September 13, 2011.