|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Materials Project, a collaboration between the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), is a free website that provides users with access to a number of tools for searching and analyzing materials based on their various properties. Users can register for the site through an existing OpenID account (Google, Facebook, Yahoo, or OpenID), and the free account gives users unlimited access to all Materials Project tools, the ability to view up to 500 search results, and the option to view a history of your searches and analyses.
Tools available on Materials Project include:
- Moogle - Moogle is a smart information finder that will interpret what you want based on various keywords. If no keywords are entered, Moogle will perform a materials search by formula or elements.
- Materials Explorer - Search the Materials Project database. Customize your search for materials information by chemistry, composition, or property.
- Phase Diagram App - Computational phase diagrams for closed and open systems with 2-4 components. Find thermodynamically stable phases, study decomposition pathways and more.
- Lithium Battery Explorer - Find candidate materials for lithium batteries. Get voltage profiles and oxygen evolution data.
- Reaction Calculator - Calculate the enthalpy of tens of thousands of reactions and compare with experimental values.
- Structure Predictor - Predict new compounds using data-mined substitution algorithms.
- Crystal Toolkit - Convert between CIF and VASP input files. Generate new crystals from known ones, substituting or removing species as desired.
- ↑ "Materials Project." Materials Project website, http://materialsproject.org/. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- ↑ "Materials Project Apps." Materials Project website, http://materialsproject.org/apps. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- ↑ "Moogle beta." Materials Project website, http://materialsproject.org/apps/moogle/#. Accessed May 14, 2012.