Minesoft iNSIGHT Pro
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Announced on February 18, 2010, Minesoft iNSIGHT Pro is the result of a partnership between Minesoft, producer of PatBase and PatBase Express, and Gridlogics, producer of the Patent iNSIGHT Pro analysis tool. No release date has been announced, but three versions will be available: Desktop, Enterprise, and SaaS ("Software as a Service," a model in which the user pays for an on-demand license for a software-based service). The new product will allow PatBase users to import current or saved search results and conduct various analyses. The exact features of Minesoft iNSIGHT Pro have not yet been specified, but the features of the current iNSIGHT Pro product include custom fields for each record, a patent viewer with multi-word highlighting capabilities, "advanced" searching and sorting options, family information exports, Boolean searching within patent portfolios, a claims tree and comparison viewer, and a classification browser.
Major Recent Updates
Fall 2012 - The following updates to Minesoft iNSIGHT Pro (v. 4.21) were described in the Autumn 2012 issue of TouchBase:
- Contour maps now in VizMAP: View contextual clustering results in a new contour map – choose Map or Terrain themes.
- Support for Per-record Attachments: Now you can save any number of attachments per record within a report. An attachments tab within the Patent Viewer has been added to viewing and launching the saved attachments.
- Custom Fields are now searchable in Advanced Search: All custom fields in you report can now be searched in Advanced Search.
- Colour by Legal Status option in Family tree: Individual family members can now be automatically colored based on analysis of their INPADOC legal status. UDC (User Defined Cluster) information in Patent Viewer:.While viewing any record in Patent Viewer, you can also see the UDCs it falls in right in the main detailed view now.
- A new search field - Family Patent Numbers (FPN) - added to Advanced Search: Searching with Patent Number (PN) only searches the records within the report. However, if you want to look up a number that appears in the family of any record then you can search for that number within the new FPN field. FPN stores all records and their family number too, which makes this possible.
- Improvements to PatBase Import: You can now choose to skip the data for the records which are already present in the report or to overwrite it. Same options are present in PatBase Folder Viewer also.
- ↑ "Software as a service," http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as_a_service. Accessed February 19, 2010.
- ↑ "Patent iNSIGHT Pro Features List." Patent iNSIGHT Pro website, http://www.patentinsightpro.com/features.html. Accessed February 19, 2010.
- ↑ "TouchBase - Issue 9, Autumn 2012." Minesoft website, http://www.minesoft.com/newsroom/1352213041_TouchBase%20Autumn%202012%20%28web%29.pdf. Accessed December 4, 2012.