|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
The NetLibrary, previously managed by OCLC, was an eContent platform that provided users access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, and databases, but in 2010, the assets of the OCLC NetLibrary Division in Boulder, Colorado were acquired by EBSCO Publishing (creators of the EBSCOhost platform). EBSCO now owns the NetLibrary eBook and eAudiobook platform,, and it is called eBooks & Audiobooks on EBSCOhost.
The eBook and eAudiobook collections seems to be fully integrated into the EBSCOhost interface and accessible through a variety of databases. According to the EBSCOhost website, "with every search, relevant eBook titles will appear directly alongside your other EBSCO databases." More than 300,000 titles of eBooks and audiobooks are currently available (as of Summer 2011), and the eBooks are available for purchase on an individual basis or in Subject Sets.
Institutions can also order Custom Collections, which match the institution's holdings to EBSCOhost's eBook collection to select relevant content for the customized collection.
Use on the EBSCOhost Interface
Users can search through the eBook collection on a dedicated landing page through the EBSCOhost interface using a variety of features:
- Basic search box
- Advanced search (search by full-text, author, title, language, etc)
- View search history
- Browse titles by category
- Browse eBook carousels on the landing page, customized by administrators (new titles, featured titles, staff picks, etc)
- Refine and narrow search results from the results page
- View both eBook results and other other content types in the same results lists
Users can search within the eBook directly on the EBSCOhost web interface or download the eBooks to portable devices.
- ↑ "NetLibrary." OCLC website snapshot, retrieved via Internet Archive Wayback Machine, http://web.archive.org/web/20090202083324/http://www.oclc.org/netlibrary/. Accessed September 7, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: NETLIBRARY AND FIRSTSEARCH—MARCH 2010." EBSCO support website, http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?topic=996&id=4789&page=1 (link no longer available). Accessed September 6, 2011.
- ↑ "EBooks on EBSCOhost." EBSCOhost website, http://www.ebscohost.com/ebooks/home. Accessed September 7, 2011.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "eBooks & Audiobooks on EBSCOhost." EBSCOhost website, http://www.ebscohost.com/uploads/ebooks/pdf/eBooksAudiobooks_GeneralFlyer_0611.pdf. Accessed September 7, 2011.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "The EBSCOhost Interface." EBSCOhost website, http://www.ebscohost.com/ebooks/user-experience/ebscohost-interface. Accessed September 7, 2011.