|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
OTI is a free patent search site from Ocean Tomo and The Intellectual Property Exchange International (IPXI) that provides search results from various business sources, including news and blog feeds. The system also provides results from PatentRatings, another Ocean Tomo product. OTI searches patent data from 81 patent authorities, and features of the search system include:
- Transaction data and services provided by Patent/Bid-Ask™ (V 2.0)
- Royalty reporting by RoyaltySource
- IP-based indexes from IPXI
- daily IP-related news aggregated from a number sources including IAM and IP Law360
- IP based blogs and community comments
After creating a free account, users can personalize their homepage by adding various widgets, including:
- Blogs - Latest blog articles from news feeds.
- Statistics - OTI traffic statistics.
- News - Latest articles from news feeds.
- Latest P/B-A Asks - Recent Patent/Bid-Ask listings.
- Random Patent - Display a random patent.
- Tynax - Available technology from Tynax.
At the bottom of the main portal page, users can browse through a list of "Top-Filed Patent Categories." Selecting a category will take the user to a list of related patents.
Users can search the site through a form where the user selects whether they are searching by free text, company, IPC code, or patent number. The user can also select whether to include non-US patents in the search results.
Results are arranged under eight different tabs:
- Patents - Patent data is provided by The European Patent Office and updated through early 2009. Patent bibliographic data, abstract, family members, and IPC classification codes are included in the full record. Users can search for similar patents or other patents by the same inventor from the full record view.
- PatentRatings - Users can purchase PatentRatings reports for specific patent results.
- Patent-Bid/Ask™ - Listings and prices for patent transactions on Patent-Bid/Ask.
- Tynax - Listings for patents available on Tynax.
- IPXI - A graphic representation of the "Patent Value Index" for relevant industries and companies.
- RoyaltySource - Summaries of licensing transactions.
- News - Relevant news articles.
- Blogs - Relevant blog posts.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "About OTI." OTI website, http://www.oti.com/oti/info/about. Accessed October 7, 2011.
- ↑ "OTI.com." OTI website, http://www.oti.com/oti/portal/main. Accessed October 7, 2011.