|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Ocean Tomo Patent Relevancy Engine now appears to be called the PatentRatings® System, a "web-based patent data rating and analysis platform" distributed by Ocean Tomo, LLC. The system illustrates relationships among US patents (issued after 1976) by assigning a numerical relevance score. Features of PatentRatings System include:
- IPQ® Scoring System - A numerical score given to all issued US patents (after 1976) which "rates the quality and relative value" of the patent. The IPQ score is similar to an IQ score in that the median is 100.
- Assignee Tracking - Current patent ownership information.
- Patent Relevance - A rating that measures the relationships between patents. The relevance scores "are calculated by analyzing up to six generations of citational information," and "typically over 1,000 patents are mapped as ‘relevant’ to a single patent in a rank order (.999 to 0)."
Patent information in the system is updated on the 15th of each month, and updated information includes "new patents, updated IPQ scores, updated patent Assignee information, and updated expiration information."
Users can subscribe to the system on an annual basis or purchase standard or customized reports.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "PatentRatings® System." Ocean Tomo website, http://www.oceantomo.com/ratings/system. September 2, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "FAQs." Ocean Tomo website, http://www.oceantomo.com/ratings/about/faqs. Accessed September 2, 2011.
- ↑ "About PatentRatings®." Ocean Tomo website, http://www.oceantomo.com/ratings/about. Accessed September 2, 2011.