|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
OmniViz Analytics Engine is data analysis and visualization software distributed by BioWisdom Ltd. (part of the Instem family). OmniViz Inc. was an information visualization and data mining company that was founded in 2000 in Massachusetts, and the company was acquired by BioWisdom in 2007. The OmniViz Analytics Engine is a desktop application that has the following features:
- Ability to analyze a wide range of data types, including text (patents, scientific literature etc.), quantitative (numerical, experimental results, categorical etc.), genomics sequence or chemical structure. Data sets can consist of a billion data points, millions of documents, or thousands of columns of data.
- Users can import, query, visualize, and statistically analyze data.
- Users can select data in one visualization, and that data is highlighted in all other visualizations.
- Ability to export results to other desktop applications.
- Case sensitive text analysis.
The following webinars and quick start guides are provided through the OmniViz Learning Centre section on the BioWisdom website, and the topics of the webinars give an indication of the variety of uses for the OmniViz Analytics Engine:
- Finding Patterns in Numeric Data using the Galaxy Visualization
- Biomarker Analysis and Discovery in OmniViz
- Finding Specific Patterns in Numeric Data using Omniviz
- Importing Medline Documents into OmniViz
- Understanding the Thematic Landscape of a Set of Patents
- Analysing PubMed Data in OmniViz
- Analysis of Valvulopathy Publications from PubMed
- Analyzing Patents in OmniViz
BioWisdom sells its software and services "via direct sales only."
- ↑ "OmniViz – Dynamic Metadata Signatures." BioWisdom website, http://www.biowisdom.com/2009/12/omniviz/. Accessed September 2, 2011.
- ↑ "OmniViz Inc." Bloomberg Businessweek website, http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=1725684. Accessed September 2, 2011.
- ↑ "OmniViz — See Further, Understand More." BioWisdom website, http://www.biowisdom.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2010/02/OmniViz_Overview.pdf. Accessed September 2, 2011.
- ↑ "Buy." BioWisdom website, http://www.biowisdom.com/buy/ (link no longer available). Accessed September 2, 2011.