|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
PatentBytes is a patent news site and blog. The owner, Patent Agent Brian Harris, also uses the site as a platform to launch software and extensions related to patent searching, such as the "Search and Save" tool. The different sections of the site are accessible via a horizontal menu at the top of the page. Sections include:
- Home - Links to IP and patent-related news and blogs, where readers can view the latest headlines displayed through PatentBytes. The homepage also includes the Espacenet SmartSearch form embedded directly on PatentBytes.
- Significant Bits - Short blog posts describing the latest patent and IP related news, as well as announcements about PatentBytes. This section hasn't been updated since May 2009.
- Web Links - Links to IP News sources, IP Blogs, IP Information/Link Lists, IP Online Tools and Resources, resources to Download Patents, and Patent Services.
- Search Rules, Regs, etc - Google custom search forms and other tools created for searching IP-related resources. Tools available through this section include:
- Search WIPO PCT Applications - A link to Patentscope.
- Search and Save - A custom Google search form that searches "patents, books, the world wide web, and blogs," and users can temporarily save search results directly on the site. Under the "patent" and "book" tabs, thumbnail images for each result are included.
- Full-text search of Manual of Patent Examining Procedure (MPEP) - 8th Ed., Rev. 6 through Google custom search form.
- Full-text search of the Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP) - 5th Edition through Google custom search form.
- Full-text search of Decisions (Precedential and Informative) of the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (BPAI) through Google custom search form.
- Full-Text Search of PCT Treaty, Regulations, and Administrative Instructions through Google custom search form.
- Full-text search of U.S. Patent Regulations - Title 37 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) through Google custom search form.
- Full-text search of U.S. Patent Laws - Title 35 U.S. Code (USC) through Google custom search form.
- Full-text search of the U.S. Patent Classification (USPC) System definitions through Google custom search form.
Users can also recommend a link/feed to the owner of PatentBytes or contact him directly through an email form on the site.
- ↑ "Contact." PatentBytes website, http://www.patentbytes.com/contact-us. Accessed August 31, 2011.
- ↑ "Search and Save (Beta)." PatentBytes website, http://search.patentbytes.com/. Accessed August 31, 2011.