|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
PatentHunter is subscription-based patent download and management software created by US patent attorney Michael Neustel to download US patents, US published applications, PCT applications, and European patents in PDF format. After purchasing a license package, the software will download complete patent images (in PDF format) for free from the USPTO and Espacenet websites.
Features of PatentHunter include:
- Search for patent documents on USPTO databases or Espacenet. The search function on PatentHunter supports Boolean operators and phrase searching (PatentHunter automatically searches for phrases when more than one word is entered without a connector).
- PatentHunter downloads both the PDF images and the text (HTML) of patent documents (text is not accessible for all patent documents).
- Organization of downloaded patent documents into various folders.
The European Patent Office (EPO) has made changes to their website recently and PatentHunter is currently unable to download EPO related documents (e.g. PCT documents, foreign patent documents). PatentHunter is still able to download United States patent documents because the USPTO website has not changed. We are in the process of having our programmers update PatentHunter to work with the EPO website and will notify all subscribers when the update is available.
- ↑ "PatentHunter." PatentHunter website, https://www.patenthunter.com/Default.aspx. Accessed August 31, 2011.
- ↑ "Products." PatentHunter website, https://www.patenthunter.com/Products.aspx. Accessed August 31, 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "FAQ." PatentHunter website, https://www.patenthunter.com/FAQ.aspx. Accessed August 31, 2011.
- ↑ "Download." PatentHunter website, https://www.patenthunter.com/Download.aspx. Accessed August 31, 2011.