|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Programmableweb.com is a tech news and directory website that allows users to locate APIs, mashups, code, and developers. The homepage of the website includes a navigational dashboard to search or browse through the site, including:
- A search form that allows users to search for "APIs, mashups, code and developers"
- Next to the search form is an exact number of how many APIs and mashups are available on the site (clicking the number will take users to the directory search pages for APIs or mashups)
- Lists of New APIs, New Mashups, and a Mashup of the Day feature
- Lists of top developers, sortable by number of Mashups, Awards, APIs, or Recent
- Coding Resources by Language (PHP, Ruby, Python, .Net, JS, Java, and Flash)
- A Mashup Timeline (clicking the timeline will take the user to the Mashup directory)
- A tag cloud of user-defined keywords labeling APIs and mashups
Other features of the site, accessible through a main horizontal menu and submenus below the main selected tab, include:
- API News (Recent Popular, All Time Popular, Featured Articles, Best Mashup) - Articles are tagged with topics, and users can comment on the articles.
- API Directory (Directory, Newest, Most Popular, By Category, API Scorecard, Add API) - The first page users are taken to on the API tab is the Dashboard section, which displays top/recent lists, categories, category-related pie charts, and a tag cloud.
- Mashups (Directory, Newest, Most Popular, Mashup Matrix, Tag Cloud, Random) - The dashboard for this section includes a Mashup of the Day, category-related pie charts, and top/recent lists.
- Community (Directory, Forum, Member Map) - The dashboard includes new and featured developers, new comments and wiki updates, and a contest tracker.
- How-to (How-to guides, Reference, FAQ)
Users must register to use the "favorites" feature, comment, get a user profile, join in forum discussions, update your own mashups, and make connections with other users.
- ↑ "Programmableweb." Programmableweb website, http://www.programmableweb.com/. Accessed August 30, 2011.
- ↑ "Programmableweb Registration." Programmableweb website, http://www.programmableweb.com/register. Accessed August 30, 2011.