Prous Predictive Pharmacology
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Prous Science Integrity (now known as Thomson Reuters Integrity) is a drug discovery platform created by Thomson Reuters which hosts Prous Predictive Pharmacology, an analysis module that includes chemical visualization and data mining tools. An August 2008 press release from Thomson Reuters describes how the Predictive Pharmacology Module is based on technology developed by the Prous Institute for Biomedical Research, and "the module details up to three potential mechanisms of action for nearly 100,000 lead compounds with chemical structures in Prous Science Integrity."
Three main components make up the Predictive Pharmacology Module:
No mention of the Predictive Pharmacology Module is evident on the webpage describing Thomson Reuters Integrity, but an Experimental Pharmacology Knowledge Area is described on the Integrity webpage as containing "data from experimental studies that delineate drug/receptor and enzyme/target cell interactions."
- The Predictive Pharmacology component assists in the discovery of unknown mechanisms of action for compounds with a demonstrated therapeutic effect. It allows end-users to discriminate between active and inactive compounds for specific pharmacological activities and also to determine areas in which recently patented or established compounds can be repurposed.
- The Discovery Maps component enables end-users to visually analyze data and discover wider relationships.
- The Molecular Datacenter component enables end-users to search for and display constitutional, topological, and physicochemical property descriptors.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Thomson Reuters Launches New Predictive Pharmacology Module as Part of its Prous Science Integrity Platform." Thomson Reuters website. Published August 28, 2008. http://thomsonreuters.com/content/press_room/science/2759891. Accessed October 12, 2011.
- ↑ "Thomson Reuters Integrity." Thomson Reuters website, http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/science/science_products/a-z/integrity/#tab2. Accessed October 19, 2011.