|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Users can search for industrial designs through the Questel platforms Orbit.com or edital.com. Coverage includes "industrial design information from major IP offices worldwide." Search and navigation features of the portals include:
- Basic and expert mode
- One record per design (multiple records for multi-design applications)
- Full record with comprehensive thumbnails
- Multilingual interface
- Customizable display
- Official and in-house information searchable
- Direct link to IP office web services
Report features include the capability to:
- Annotate documents
- Send formatted reports
- Export answer sets
- Exchange information with third parties
Finally, users can create alerts, distributed via email on a periodic basis or when new events occur, which allow access to full documents.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Industrial Design Searches." Questel website, http://www.questel.com/prodsandservices/designfinder.htm (link no longer available). Accessed August 29, 2011.