Report:EBSCOhost/Search History Interface/Preferences
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
After creating a “My EBSCOhost” account, users will have access to the “Preferences” pane. Appearing to hover over the page from which it was launched, the Preferences pane has three sections: General Settings, Result List Display, and Print, Email, Save Export.
The "General" settings section has only two options: first, a default interface language selector offering:
- Spanish *Traditional Chinese
- French *Turkish
- German *Greek
- Italian *Polish
- Portuguese *Hungarian
- Russian *Arabic
- Korean *Thai
- Japanese *Croatian
- Simplified Chinese
And second, the tab contains settings for the Autocomplete Search Selections feature, an on-or-off option that determines whether or not EBSCOhost will try to guess your search term for you as you type it.
- The Result List Display options focus on interface changes by setting defaults.
“Format” sets the amount of information displayed about each result.
- “Image QuickView” turns the feature of the same name on and off. “Results per page” changes the number of visible results.
- Page Layout allows the user to turn off the left column, the right column, or both.Unlike the small buttons that hide the columns in Results view, the center column does adjust to use any additional space created.
- The “Sort by” option changes default settings for the way the hits will first be sorted after the search is executed. Users can select between “Relevance” or the ambiguous “Database Default,” which usually means by date
The "Print, E-mail, Save Export" section changes the default settings for transferring data to other places.
- “Standard Field Format” changes the amount of bibliographic information included in a saved, emailed or printed result.
- “E-mail to” sets a list of addresses to automatically populate the corresponding field when a result is emailed.
- “E-mail format” switches between Rich Text and Plain Text formats.
- “Export Settings” changes the format of files saved or emailed to various bibliographic management programs.
- ↑ ”How Do I Set A Preferred Order on the Result List?” EBSCOhost Support, http://support.epnet.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?topic=&id=2715&page=1. Accessed May 12, 2009