Report:PatBase Express/Viewing Results/Viewing Bibliographic Records
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. Registered users may be notified of any substantial changes to this report by placing a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed in the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|| |
Viewing Bibliographic Records
PatBase Express only has one format for viewing a patent family record. The information for the most representative patent in a patent family is displayed in the fields at the top of the record, including the document number (with the family number in smaller font beside the document number), title, abstract, owner(s)/assignee(s), inventor(s), and representative image. The bibliographic record is expanded to its full length by default, so users can view additional bibliographic data pertaining to the entire patent family record, including:
- The family table, displaying all members of the patent family with links to the full PDF documents accessible through the hyperlinked document publication number. Each family member in the table includes the country of publication, publication number, publication date, application number, application date, and document description.
- Priority documents and dates
- Relavent IPC codes, which are linked to a list explaining each classification (the list appears in a separate window).
- Relavent ECLA codes, which are linked to a list explaining each classification (the list appears in a separate window at the Espacenet site).
- Relavent US class codes, which are linked to a list explaining each classification (the list appears in a separate window at the USPTO website).
- A list of cited documents, with the document publication numbers linked to the corresponding PatBase record.
- A list of designated state country codes.
By clicking on the "Show More Information"/"Hide Information" link at the bottom of the record, the user can expand or collapse the family table and additional bibliographic data. By default, the record is fully expanded.
PatBase Express bibliographic records have a very simple format that may be helpful to the novice users Express is targeting, since the results are in an easy to read format with the most important information displayed at the top of page.