Report:Thomson Innovation/Pricing/Pricing Policy
|Report||Patent Coverage Map||Ratings||Comments|
|This search system report was created by the Intellogist Team and is available for viewing only. If you'd like to share your knowledge on Intellogist, please visit the Best Practices, Glossary, or Community Reports pages. If you are a registered user and would like to be notified of any substantial changes to this report, you may place a "watch" on the Revisions page, which is the last page listed on the table of contents. To learn more about using the Intellogist "watchlist," see the Watchlist Help page.|
Thomson Innovation is licensed on a flat fee basis, with a yearly contract commitment. However, the price of the subscription depends on which content packages are included in the tool, as well as the subscription level chosen by the customer. Interested parties should contact the Thomson Innovation sales staff (see the Sales Contact Information section of this article for details).
Thomson Innovation can provide access to a diverse range of patent, business, and literature content collections, and these content packages may vary widely in price. In addition, some of this content is produced by information providers other than Thomson Reuters and thus the pricing may be inflexible: for example, the Inspec file is produced by the Institution of Engineering and Technology, and they will determine licensing costs for this content. Therefore, prices for those data sources may not be negotiable.
According to the Thomson Innovation help files, content packages available on Thomson Innovation include:
Core Patent Data
This is the core patent content set included in all Thomson Innovation subscriptions. It includes the following first-level patent content:
- Full text from
- US Applications and Grants
- European Applications and Grants
- WIPO Applications
- German Applications, Grants, and Utility Models
- Canadian Applications and Grants
- French Applications
- British Applications
- English translations of abstracts from Japanese and Korean applications and Korean Granted/Examined
- Bibliographic data and some abstracts from 90+ authorities covered by INPADOC
- INPADOC legal status data, US litigation and reassignment, and EP post-issuance data
- DWPI titles displayed on result sets and record views (but not searchable)
Derwent World Patents Index Enhanced Patent Data
The ability to search in the DWPI file is a separate content package in Thomson Innovation.
Asia-Pacific Patent Data
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) patent collection package includes English machine translated collections (and human-assisted translation collections) for the following country and kind codes:
- Full-text Japanese Applications, Grants, and Utility Models
- Full-text Chinese Applications and Utility Models (Note: Chinese Granted patents are available in DWPI Enhanced Patent Data and Chinese Granted bibliographic data is available in Other Authorities)
- Full-text Korean Applications, Granted Patents & Examined Applications, and Utility Models
- Full-text WO (WIPO) Japanese records (from 2006, partial from 2004)
- Full-text WO (WIPO) Korean records (partial from 2009)
See the Data Coverage section of this report for more in-depth information on these collections.
Native Japanese Patent Data
The Native Japanese Patent collection offers Japanese language patent records which can be searched using either a Japanese language interface or an English language interface. The collection includes:
- Full-text Japanese Applications (in Japanese)
- Full-text Japanese Grants (in Japanese)
- Full-text Japanese Utility Models (in Japanese)
For more information, see the Japanese-language search interface section of this report.
The Thomson Innovation scientific literature offering consists of:
- Web of Science with retrospective searching of scientific literature including:
- Science Citation Index Expanded, 20-year rolling file; author abstracts available from 1991 forward
- Social Sciences Citation Index, 20-year rolling file; author abstracts available from 1992 forward
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index, 20-year rolling file; author abstracts available from 2000 forward
- Web of Science Conference Proceedings, 1990-present - covers over 5 million papers from over 110,000 conferences, includes both the Science & Technology and Social Science & Humanities editions
- Current Contents Connect - bibliographic information from over 8,000 leading scholarly journals and more than 2,000 books
According to the Thomson Innovation help file:
Inspec is the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) bibliographic database and is offered as a separate scientific literature package. The full backfile is available (back to 1898).
The Thomson Innovation business information offering consists of four collections:
- Company - Essential details about company ownership, location, trading activities, multiple year financial information, and annual reports from Gale Group Company Information®
- Market - Article and report summaries covering many aspects of industry and economic indicators from Gale TableBase
- NewsRoom - Retrospective coverage of market, company, product, and industry news
- Research - Summaries of the type of research conducted; summary of affiliated government agencies for research organizations and universities; directories of funding groups and organizations from Gale Group Research Centers and Services Directory
The system is available in three subscription levels: Professional, Express, and Analyst. The level of subscription determines what tools are available to the user. According to the help files:
- The Analyst level provides full functionality of all features in Thomson Innovation, including ThemeScape and Text Clustering and patent result sets of up to 60,000 records
- The Pro level provides access to all features in Thomson Innovation except ThemeScape and Text Clustering
- The Express level provides a simplified interface with more limited features and functionality
For a full comparison table that details the differences between the Express, Pro, and Analyst subscription levels, see this section of the Thomson Innovation help files.
The subscription level will affect the tool's pricing.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ""Subscription Options." Thomson Innovation site, http://www.thomsoninnovation.com/tip-innovation/support/help/subscription_options.htm. Accessed September 21, 2012.