|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Staggernation is a website by Kevin Shay that features three Google search applications, which no longer function because Google retired the SOAP Search API on which the tools were based in August 2009. The new AJAX APIs used by Google "do not provide the same functionality," so the creator couldn't create new code for the search applications.
The search applications based on the Google API included:
- Google API Proximity Search (GAPS)- Find pages where two words or phrases appear within a certain distance from each other.
- Google API Relation Browsing Outliner (GARBO) - Search for pages related to, or linking to, a given page, and then for pages linking to those pages, and so on, in an expandable hierarchical outline.
- Google API Web Search by Host (GAWSH) - Browse a set of Google search results broken down by host machine.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Google API Web Search by Host (GAWSH)." Staggernation website, http://www.staggernation.com/gawsh/. Accessed August 23, 2011.
- ↑ "Code: Plugins for Movable Type." Staggernation website, http://www.staggernation.com/code/. Accessed August 23, 2011.