Thomson Data Analyzer
|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
Users of Thomson Data Analyzer can:
- Import data from any structured database.
- Clean data.
- Analyze data with a variety of tools.
- Create various custom reports.
The user guide for the Thomson Data Analyzer (PDF) is available on the Thomson Reuters website. According to the user guide, licensed users can download the software from thevantagepoint.com, which also produces VantagePoint. The VantagePoint website describes Thomson Data Analyzer as a "Thomson Reuters product that is powered by VantagePoint."
The latest version of Thomson Data Analyzer (v. 3.0) was released in April 2010 and includes the following new features:
- Heat map capability.
- Enhanced list cleanup - A new List Cleanup feature allows you to cross-verify data and identify similarities between two fields.
- Best available field - Combine fields with similar content to get the best available coverage for conducting analysis.
- Ability to save graphics within VPT files.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Thomson Data Analyzer." Thomson Reuters website, http://thomsonreuters.com/content/legal/products/Thomson_Data_Analyzer. Accessed August 22, 2011.
- ↑ "Products." TheVantagePoint website, https://www.thevantagepoint.com/products.html. Accessed August 22, 2011.
- ↑ "New Release of Thomson Data Analyzer 3.0." Thomson Reuters website, http://ip.thomsonreuters.com/updates/tda/tda-30/ (link no longer available). Accessed August 22, 2011.