|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
ToolPat was a set of search forms and links created for use by patent attorneys and agents. As of November 2012, this tool no longer appears to be available. The search forms query freely accessible databases like the ones on the USPTO website or Espacenet.The site is hosted by Scott E. Kamholz, Patent Attorney at Foley Hoag LLP. Available tools include:
- Full-text MPEP Search - A customized Google search bar that searches the Manual of Patent Examining Procedure (MPEP) 8th Ed., Rev. 8 (July 2010) at the USPTO website.
- Patent Fast Link - Enter exact number to access US full-text patents or pre-grant publications from USPTO full-text databases.
- Quick US Patent Searches - Enter patent/published application number, full text keywords (for patents and/or published applications), assignee information, or access the Public/Private PAIR systems.
- Quick WIPO and EPO Patent Searches - Search Patentscope or Espacenet.
The site also provides links to:
- Current Patent Laws and Rules - 35 U.S.C and 37 C.F.R. (links to PDF files)
- USPTO News and Notices
- USPTO Forms
- Other USPTO Resources - Fee schedule, US Patent Classification System, patent drawings, USPTO mailing addresses, USPTO employee locator
- Other Sites of Interest - Links to other patent-related tools and blogs
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kamholz, Scott. "www.ToolPat.com." ToolPat website, http://www.toolpat.com/ (link no longer available). Accessed August 19, 2011.