|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
TouchGraph is the producer of data visualization software TouchGraph Navigator 2. With TouchGraph Navigator 2, users can upload data and create "interactive network visualizations." Users can purchase licenses for either a TouchGraph Navigator Desktop version or TouchGraph Navigator Web, where the user hosts visualizations on their server and views the visualization on a web browser.
Users first load the data (in Excel, Csv, Tsv, Multi Csv, MySql, Nav DB API, Vna, Gdf, or Pajek formats), and they then can define:
- Data types and delimiters - Data type (integers, text, url, etc) and delimiters of table fields.
- Entities and relations - Specify how table data is transformed into Entity types and Relation types.
- Dynamic relations - Direct connections between entities which were only indirectly connected in the data.
- Dynamic attributes - Attribute that is derived from loaded data rather the being read directly from the file.
- Aliases - Renaming entities, relations, and attributes.
Users then define the settings:
- Names: Types/Attributes, Entity Labels
- Filter: Inclusion (which node types and edge types will be displayed in the graph), Attribute Filters (threshold values which determine which nodes and edges are displayed in the graph)
- Node Appearance: Colors, Halo Size/Shape, Label/Image, Node Tags
- Edge Appearance: Colors, Width/Pattern, Tags/Arrows
- Graph Layout
On the graph panel, users view the network visualization, filter the "Connected Components/Degrees of Separation" (filtering the graph to show a specified number of degrees of separation around selected nodes), and zoom or alter spacing in the graph.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "TouchGraph Navigator 2, Welcome!" TouchGraph website, http://www.touchgraph.com/assets/navigator/help2/application.html. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Loading Wizard." TouchGraph website, http://www.touchgraph.com/assets/navigator/help2/module_4.html?MenuState=AUdAAO-0hAHvtIQABO-0hO-0gwAYAe-0hgA=. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Settings." TouchGraph website, http://www.touchgraph.com/assets/navigator/help2/module_5.html?MenuState=AUdAAO-0hAcABUQF77SE77SDABgBAe-0hA==. Accessed August 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Graph Panel." TouchGraph website, http://www.touchgraph.com/assets/navigator/help2/module_7.html?MenuState=AUdAAO-0hAcABUQF77SE77SDABgBAe-0hA==. Accessed August 19, 2011.