|If you found this page through a web search, we invite you to visit our Main Page to see what Intellogist is all about. This Community Report exists for our users to share information and experiences about patent search resources. Registered users can add, edit, or delete material on this page. The information contained on this page is the result of community collaboration and is not vetted by individual experts or fact-checkers. For in-depth reviews of other patent search resources, please read our Intellogist Reports. For information about editing Community reports, please see our Help pages. If you'd like more information about why Intellogist did not write about this search tool, please see our Criteria for Intellogist Articles.|
ZDNet is a technology news site created by CBS Interactive that provides current news, media, and and reviews on the following topics:
- Companies - News feeds on large companies like Amazon, Intel, IBM, Apple, Facebook, Google. etc.
- Hardware - Read reviews and news feeds on popular hardware topics: laptops, printers, E-books/E-readers, tablets, etc.
- Software - Current news and reviews for software products and topics like cloud computing, databases, Linux, open source, etc.
- Mobile - News and reviews for various popular mobile phone brands (Nokia, 4G, iPhone, Android, etc).
- Security - News and reviews on current IT security topics (malware, patches, McAfee, etc).
- Research - Links to other tech-related websites (SmartPlanet, TechRepublic Pro), research and analysis from blogs hosted on the site, image galleries, videos, podcasts, white papers, and product reviews.
- Special Coverage - Links to recent special reports and lists of hot topics.
The topics listed above are available in the horizontal top menu on the US version of the website (other site versions include Australia, Asia, China, France, Germany, Japan, and UK).
ZDNet includes a variety of content in various formats, including:
- News and Blogs - Current technology-related news articles and posts from blogs hosted on ZDNet.
- Reviews - Divided into product categories and subcategories. Blogs that analyze certain products are also available in this section.
- Downloads - A library of software downloads for Windows, Mac, and Mobile systems, organized in a list sortable by popularity, recency, or "Top Searches."
- White Papers - A library of free "technical IT white papers, webcasts, and case studies." Users can view a sortable list ranked by popularity, recency, or "Top Searches." Users can also browse through topic categories and subcategories.
This list of content types is available above the horizontal topic menu.
To view some content (like the White Paper library) and access certain site features (like commenting on posts and articles), users must sign up for a free membership on ZDNet. Users can subscribe to various educational and editorial newsletters by ZDNet through this account.
- ↑ "ZDNet Downloads." ZDNet website, http://downloads.zdnet.com/?tag=header;header-pri. Accessed August 25, 2011.
- ↑ "ZDNet White Papers." ZDNet website, http://whitepapers.zdnet.com/?tag=zd-nav. Accessed August 25, 2011.